Thursday, November 27

"The One Where...We Give Thanks"

Thanksgiving this year was spent on call so all of my relatives opted to stay in SD rather than head to KC like they normally do. I decided that I would fix the Turkey Feast anyway for just Shane and I. As soon as I had put the stuffed turkey in the oven, my pager went off :( Off to Saint Lukes on the Plaza I went. I instructed Shane on Turkey 101 and left him alone in the kitchen to tend to the bird in the oven....which was a scary thought! I was surprised to find that he did a great job and took the turkey out once the pop-up button had popped up - as instructed!


I quickly prepared all the sides (sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls, etc) and an hour later we were enjoying the smells and tastes of the Thanksgiving Dinner. After we had stuffed ourselves silly, my pager went off again :( Off to St. Lukes South I went....thankful that I had at least gotten to eat before getting called back in! Once I got back, we enjoyed dessert - a Pumpkin Cheesecake made by my dear friend Stetson!

The rest of the evening was quiet and we enjoyed lounging around with the dogs and catching up on a few movies that we had rented earlier. Even though we were unable to spend it with family, it was a very nice Thanksgiving indeed!

No comments: