Shane ended up getting home late Friday evening & he urged us to go to SD without him but I was not going to have my husband spend Christmas alone...especially without his son. So we made plans for a fun weekend & enjoyed the time together.
Saturday was Christmas Eve so we got up, had a lazy morning & then got ready to head downtown. First stop was Q39 for lunch - YUM:
Then we made our way down to Crown Center. All the years I have lived here I have never been down to Crown Center or Union Station over the holidays so I was looking really forward to checking it all out & seeing it decorated for Christmas.
We had SO much fun walking around looking at everything & got so many great pics! There was a huge train display at Union Station that Mason loved:
He also got to ride on a cute little train that took him around Santa's Workshop:
We had SO much fun checking it all out & taking it all in making memories. I'm so glad we chose to spend the day here & will definitely be doing a day like this again next Christmas!
On our way home this little guy fell asleep, took a good nap & once we got home it was time to make cookies for Santa.We ended up making sugar cookies for Santa which is Mason's all-time favorite cookie to make. He loves helping roll out the dough, cut the cookies out & his favorite thing....ice & decorate the cookies with sprinkles. I just love baking with this little guy!
After our cookies were baked & decorated it was time to take a bath & get ready for bed so Santa could make his stop at our house. Mase put on his Christmas jammies & set out his cookies & milk for Santa...
Once this little cutie went to bed, Shane helped me get all his gifts up from the basement & set them around the tree. Shortly after, Shane had gone to bed & the house was super quiet. I poured a glass of wine, turned on the Christmas music & just sat staring at our tree. I couldn't wait for the next morning when Mason saw all his presents that Santa brought & open them up!


No comments:
Post a Comment