Wednesday, December 21

Christmas Party @ the Taylor's

I have an amazing group of Mama friends who I refer to as my Mama Tribe. We each have kiddos who are similar in age who have been the best of friends for over 2 years now. I have been wanting to throw a Christmas Party for the Mama's & the littles for a couple years now & this year I finally made it happen.

Everyone came over to our house where they enjoyed lots of appetizers, desserts & cocktails for the Mama's. While the Mama's hung out visiting, I kept all the kiddos busy by making some popcorn & having them watch the Elf on the Shelf & a couple of other classic Christmas cartoons.
Then after movie-time was over they moved over to the kitchen table where I had set up stuff to decorate sugar cookies & gingerbread boys/girls with icing & sprinkles.
They had SO much fun decorating their cookies! After they were done we set the cookies aside so the icing could dry & then at the end of the evening I packaged them up in baggies for each little to take home & eat!

Mason had way more fun dumping & mixing the sprinkles than actually decorating the cookies:
After all the  mess was cleaned up from decorating cookies, we all moved to the living room where the littles & the Mama's exchanged presents. The kids had SO much fun opening up their gifts to each other!
 
After the kids opened their gifts & headed back downstairs to play it was time for the Mama's to open our gifts to each other. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to get these two very special friends & racked my brain for weeks. I wanted to give them something meaningful & two ideas actually had come to mind.

My friend Sara had sent me this picture a couple of months ago wanting to know if we could get together for a craft night & make this:
We had good intentions on getting together for craft night but for whatever reason, we could never coordinate a time during the month of Dec. So I decided I would surprise them both & make them each one for their Christmas presents as well as make one for myself. I think it turned out pretty darn good :)

I also ordered all three of us matching arrow necklaces. The arrow has been kind of our motto since we all met several years ago & have actually talked about getting matching tattoos of an arrow with our kids name incorporated into it. I just love what it represents -
Image result for meaning of the arrow
Being a Mama we are all on this journey of motherhood together that can some days drag you way down. You may feel like you aren't ever going to get out of the rut but by some miracle you do (usually by the help of your Mama friends) & you continue on the journey....always moving forward.

So I thought matching arrow necklaces would be perfect for all of us:

The girls absolutely loved their gifts & I loved what they gave me as well.
We all enjoyed exchanging gifts with the littles AND with the Mama's & will definitely make this an annual tradition for many years to come!
 

No comments: