Tuesday, August 16

Birthday

Looking back, I have had some good birthday celebrations in the past.

There was that time where I met Lil' John & he gave me a birthday shout out & toast....

Or that time when I was 3 months pregnant & turning 40 & all my closest girlfriends made it such a special day...

 But none of those beat out the amazing birthday I had today!


You see, these girls right here.....
These girls are my Mama Tribe & they are amazing. Every Mama needs a Mama Tribe & I couldn't ask for a better group of girls to be in mine. 

These girls right there in that picture each took the day off of work to spend the my birthday with little ol' me. LOVE.

We all met at First Watch for brunch where I was showered with love, gifts & breakfast by these lovely ladies. One of my favorite gifts was wrapped in a barf bag - LOL! Hilarious.
We had a yummy brunch & then made our way to the movie theater to see the movie Bad Moms. We got to our seats & of course ordered cocktails. I opted for the "Mama-politan" & the girls surprised me with a yummy, gooey, fudgy brownie treat! It was oh so good!
The movie was hilarious & I loved how I could pick out the personalities of the girls in my tribe & apply them to the Mom's in the movie. We have the loud, crazy one, the conservative one, & the practical, routined, always on a schedule one. I won't tell you which one I am :)

After the movie two of the Mama's ended up having to go but Dana, Sara & I had a couple of hours before we had to get the kids so we ended up at the mexican restaurant across the street for apps & 'ritas.
We were the only ones in the place so we bellied up to the bar where we all enjoyed our drinks, chips & salsa. There were lots of great stories & laughs shared with these two & I feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of Mama's by my side.
We all parted ways around 4:30pm & I made my way to the daycare to pick up my little man & headed home for round 2 of birthday festivities.

We got home, ate supper & Mason was SO excited to have some birthday ice cream cake & sing Happy Birthday to his Mama! Ugh I love this boy so much!

It ended up being an awesome birthday spent with those that I love & as I turn another year older I am even more thankful for all the blessings in my life.

The next day at work I was surprised by my co-workers with a birthday lunch...
And my most favorite cheesecake by my friend Stetson - White Chocolate Raspberry! Ugh he truly loves me :)
And if the day couldn't get any better, I get a surprise visit by two of my most favorite girls....Ms. Jen & her daughter Ava Jean. 
They brought me the most cutest birthday present - a personalized rug for our camper. I absolutely love it & love them!
So as you can see, turning 44 years old wasn't so bad. I was surrounded by the bestest friends & family that a girl could ask for. Here's to another amazing, healthy, happy year!

No comments: