Sunday, July 24

Duran Duran concert

This weekend my best girlfriend Jilly is in town & staying with me tonight as we are venturing off to Starlight Theatre to see my beloved 80's band Duran Duran play.

I have wanted to see Duran Duran in concert ever since I was a teenager & never had the opportunity to go....until tonight & I wasn't going to miss it.

We started our day by having some pool-time & by the end of the afternoon Mase was DONE! He didn't want to take pictures, he didn't want to go, he didn't want to stay....he didn't know what he wanted so we headed back to the house where he fell asleep while Jilly & I got ready for the concert.
We ended up leaving my house a little early & headed to RA for some sushi & a cocktail. Mmmm - Moscow Mules!
 
Then while I was in the restroom that stinker Jilly told the bartender it was my birthday & ordered me a free birthday desert!!! Now granted my birthday isn't for another few weeks but they didn't care. They brought this amazing lightly battered cinnamon-swirl gelato, flash fried & finished with raspberry & chocolate sauces & it was amazing! It was called a Cinnamon Tempura Gelato & the best part - it was FREE!!

After an amazing dinner & dessert we made our way to Starlight for the concert. When we got there we kept running into people Jilly knew & hadn't seen in forever. So crazy seeing how she lives in Florida!
Selfie with Jilly's friend Melanie
 
Another selfie with Jilly's friend Tracy
 
We finally made it to our seats - 5th row from the stage & we were SO excited! They opened up with Paper Gods from their new album (who knew they were still recording music?) & then went on to play 18 more songs from their greatest hits. 

 They sounded just as good as they did in the 80's & put on an amazing concert!
I hate that this girl is leaving me in the morning & heading back to Florida. I so love my "Jilly-time" & am hoping to get to see her again this fall when she swings through the Kansas City area!
Bucket List #24 - see Duran Duran in concert = COMPLETE!!

 

No comments: