Monday, March 14

Re-Introduction

Even though I am a couple of months behind on my blog posts, I wanted to link up today with Kelly's Korner for her "Show Us Your Life" series for this weeks topic which is "introductions"! I have SO enjoyed reading this series on Kelly's blog & am excited to be joining all the other bloggers by introducing myself!
For those of you who are new to my blog - welcome :) If you are a regular here then please bear with me as I re-introduce myself! My name is Heather - otherwise known as HT (my initials in case you are wondering) & those two boys in the picture are the center of my world!

My blogging began in June 2008 & after just typing that I can't believe I have been blogging for almost 8 years!

I have been following Kelly's blog ever since before her first daughter was born when she too struggled with infertility. After reading about her struggles to get pregnant she made me feel like I wasn't alone & little does she know helped me to open up about my own struggles.

In March 2010 I started a blog called "Hoping, Wishing, Praying" to document our painful journey through our own infertility struggles. It was a place I could go to vent my frustrations, document our ups, downs, good times & the bad times on a crazy roller coaster of emotions. 2 1/2 years later I closed that blog & that chapter of my life when I was 21 weeks pregnant with our miracle baby. Today that miracle baby just turned 3 years old :) I continued to document the rest of my pregnancy over on this blog & I attempt weekly to try & keep up with it. Life with a toddler - the struggle is real :)
I use my blog mainly to keep our long-distance family & friends informed & up to date with the happenings in our life. Every now & then I conquer a serious subject but mostly I use this blog as a scrapbook of our lives.

So a little about me - I am a 43 year old Mama, wife & domestic diva :) I have been married to my husband Shane for 11 years & our little blessing Mason just turned 3 years old in January. I have worked in the healthcare field for 21 years as a Cardiac nurse & work full-time in the Cardiac Cath Lab performing all different kinds of heart procedures on patients.

I grew up on a farm in a small town in South Dakota. I am the oldest of 4 & have one sister & two brothers. I have lived in the Kansas City area for 17 years now & can't see myself living anywhere else....other than the beach!

I love (in no particular order) KU Jayhawks basketball (Rock Chalk), Mexican food, reading, gardening, Christmas, time spent with my family & girlfriends, traveling, reality TV, popcorn, red wine, the beach & our English Bulldogs - Bubba & Millie.
So that is me in a nutshell! Thanks for stopping by & I hope to get to know some of you better by catching up on your blogs!

No comments: