Wednesday, September 23

Stitch Fix

I was talking to a co-worker of mine the other day about how my life has totally changed since I had Mason. She couldn't understand (obviously she doesn't have any kids) & wanted an example of how so I shared an example with her. Before Mase I would go shopping & buy lots of things for myself. Now when I go shopping it is always in the kids section & I am on the hunt for what bargain I can get in a 2T - LOL :)

I told her I missed shopping for myself but how shopping for Mason is much more fun. She then shared with me about this online service that personally shops for you & delivers wardrobe options to your doorstep. It's called Stitch Fix & she told me I should check it out.

Fast forward 2 weeks & while talking with my sister she starts telling me about this awesome online service called Stitch Fix & how awesome it is. She had just gotten her first package, loved it & told me I had to try it.

So I broke down & signed up for Stitch Fix.

For those of you who have never heard of it, Stitch Fix is a personal styling service for women. You tell them your style, size (they also do maternity fixes) & budget preferences & they send you a pretty little package of 5 items to try on at home. Each box is unique & hand-picked just for you by your own personal stylist. You have 3 days to decide which items your keeping & what you are sending back.

It's as easy as.....

1. Create an account & fill out the style profile based on your size, style, budget & lifestyle. It's as easy as saying "Yes, I love casual chic" and "No, please don't send me anything fur or pleather." 

2. Schedule your Fix. I personally have signed up for an every other month Fix, meaning that a box is automatically shipped to my house every other month. Not sure you’re up for a monthly or bi-monthly commitment? Then schedule a one-time Fix - however often it fits your needs. You will pay a $20 styling fee when your stylist selects the items in your Stitch Fix. This $20 fee is applied as a credit toward anything you keep & buy from your shipment. If you don't buy any of the items you don't receive a refund of the $20 fee.

3. Try on your items. Seriously, it felt like Christmas at my house when I received that SF box. Each piece of clothing comes with a template card that shows you how to style/accessorize each item & Stitch Fix encourages you to be creative with your pairings.

4. Decide and Check Out. You have three days to determine what you would like to keep & then you need to check out online. If you keep all 5 items you will receive an extra 25% off the price of all the items. Also, I should mention that you are only charged once you “check out” at Stitch Fix. The box comes with a bag and a prepaid USPS return label so you can easily ship back the pieces you aren’t interested in.

Every Fix gives you the opportunity to provide feedback on the pieces, which allows the stylists to get to know you better & make future Fixes even more customized to your liking.

So my 1st SF box came this week & here is what I got:

 
A pair of boyfriend jeans, a sleeveless dressy blouse, 2 tunic tops & an infinity scarf:


And this awesome template card giving you ideas on what to pair your item with & how to wear it:
I ended up keeping 3/5 items. The boyfriend jeans, the purple sleeveless dressy blouse & the blue striped tunic were all keepers. I did not like the colors in the scarf & the back of the green top was a black suede material that I didn't care for so those got sent back.

I was a little surprised at how pricey the items were but they ended up being good quality, it is an every other month "treat" & I didn't end up buying all items - although it probably would have cost the same to have bought all 5 items with the 25% off?! But I honestly wouldn't have worn the scarf or the green top.

So my September Stitch Fix package wasn’t a total hit, but that just might be a good thing. It is probably better that I don’t always want to end up buying the entire box & it’s a lot easier when you don’t love everything. I feel that if I keep at least one of the items in the box so I don’t lose my $20 styling fee, I will be happy!

You can also create a Stitch Fix Inspiration board on Pinterest for your personal stylist & pin some of your favorite outfits. That way he/she has a good idea of what kind of clothing is your style & can better shop for you.

My sister informed me this week of a Facebook group called Stitch Fix B/S/T & discussion where you can buy, sell, or trade Fix items as well as discuss with others what looks good on you, what you should get rid of &/or keep. I am finding out that a lot of people will buy all 5 items for the 25% off discount & then go to the FB group & sell/trade what items they don't want to keep. Such an awesome idea. Almost like cheating the system :)

Kind of a fun little treat every other month for this Mama who doesn't get out much to shop for herself. If you are a busy Mama like me & think you might be interested in signing up for Stitch Fix just click HERE to get started! And don’t forget, the better feedback and more information you give, the better chance you will have to get amazing Fixes that work for you!

No comments: