After the tornado event the evening before, the rest of the weekend turned out to be beautiful & perfect for camping! Shane had everything all set when we arrived later in the morning! The RV was up & running with water & electricity, the campfire was all set up, groceries were bought & put away & the RV was all ready to be lived in by the time we arrived.
The boys spent a lot of their afternoon chasing each other playing tag & playing catch with Mason's new baseball glove:
We passed the time by going on a walk on one of the many trails, gathering sticks/wood for the campfire, we checked out the boats on the lake, played at the playground & by then it was time to start making supper. We grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, made corn on the cob & ate outside on the picnic table.
Mase & Daddy waiting patiently for supper
After supper Mama cleaned up the dishes while the boys started the campfire. Once all the dishes were put away I joined them around the campfire & we busted out the marshmallows. We took turns helping Mason toast his marshmallows & he LOVED eating them. I have to admit so did Mama! They were oooey, gooey & pretty darn tasty!
Once it got dark we headed inside the RV & got ready for bed. Shane stayed out by the campfire while I got Mason ready for bed & I later joined him with a cold beer once Mason fell asleep. It was so peaceful hanging out around the fire with the hubby! It had been a great 1st day of camping & we were looking forward to what day 2 had in store for us.Day 2:
Since we were close to home, Shane woke up early (as usual) & ran home to let the bulldogs out & feed them. It was 9am when I finally woke up & Mase was still asleep also. I couldn't believe I had slept that late! I can't even tell you the last time I have slept in past 7:30am! Shane came back shortly after I awoke & got the coffee going & started making breakfast. By the time we finished eating & cleaned up dishes it was late in the morning so we decided to go for a walk & play at the playground.
After burning some energy at the playground, we headed back to the RV, ate lunch & then walked up to the lake to see the boats.
While at the edge of the lake Shane was teaching Mason how to skip rocks on the water. He had SO much fun throwing rocks into the lake & dang near had a meltdown when we tried to leave. He also spent a lot of time looking for "Nemo" in the water :)
Once we got back to the RV it was getting late in the afternoon & it was time to start getting packed up & head back home. While we were waiting on Daddy to get the outside of the RV all packed up & ready Mase & I did a little coloring to pass the time:
Mase & I headed back home around 3pm while Shane stayed at the campsite for a little while longer. He ended up leaving the RV at the campsite for one more night & taking it back to the storage place the next day.
We had SO much fun on our first "glamping" trip & we are looking forward to many more family trips next year. There are already plans to meet my sister & her family in WI to camp, a trip out to Colorado & lots of little weekend trips around the area.
Now I just need winter to hurry up & blow on by & for spring to get here :)











No comments:
Post a Comment