A week later I got my Rock Chalk Weekly newsletter via email & it had said there were still tickets available for this event. I immediately got online, purchased two tickets, printed them out & suprised Shane later that night.
He was SO excited when I told him. He may or may not have told me that I was the most amazing wife ever :)
So we got ourselves a babysitter & had us a little "date-night" in the town & the building that we love - Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, KS!
Coaching legends Ted Owens, Larry Brown, Roy Williams & the current head coach Bill Self came together for the 1st time ever on Joe Naismith Court where they all had coached & paid homage to college basketball & to relive their favorite Allen Fieldhouse memories.
L-R: Bill Self, Larry Brown, Roy Williams, Ted Owens & ESPN analyst Jay Bilas
All money raised for this event was split 4 ways & went to a charity of the coaches choice. The tables on the floor in the above picture went for $5000. I counted 66 of them. Now take a second & do the math. Yeah - that is $330,000 on the floor alone. Later in the evening they announced that almost $500,000 was raised that night. WOW!
Selfie of me & the hubs with a "photo-bomb" in the back :)
It was an amazing ceremony & to watch on the big screen & hear all the history that has occurred in this building these past 60 years was awesome. There were lots of laughs & even a few tears as each coach talked about their time spent here at Allen Fieldhouse.
So honored to have been a part of this special event & so happy to have put that big smile on my hubby's face :)




No comments:
Post a Comment