Sunday, June 15

Father's Day

Fathers Day: a date that occurs on the third Sunday in June, observed in the United States in honor of fathers. So we honor & we celebrate our fathers, our husbands who are dads, our brothers, uncles & cousins who too are dads on this very special day! 

I wish I could have spent this day with my own dad making him feel special & honored but unfortunately he lives 3 states away. I wasn't able to talk to him today as he was out when I called but am hoping he got the message I had left for him. 

After I left that message I almost asked my husband if he had called his dad to wish him a Happy Fathers Day - as I have reminded him of for the last 13 years - & then it hit me. This is the first Fathers Day that my husband has to spend without his own dad :( He didn't seem to be bothered by that fact but I am sure it was weighing heavily in the back of his mind.

I tried to make it a good day Fathers Day for him to keep his mind off of the sadness I am sure he was feeling. When we woke up Mason presented Daddy with this adorable picture that he had made at daycare on Friday:
That one is going into the "keeper" box for sure! Love his little hand as a fish :)

We then had breakfast, got ready for the day, went to church together, then I treated Shane to his favorite BBQ place - Fiorella's Jack Stack for lunch. We then made our way back home for the annual Fathers Day picture with Daddy:
The rest of the day was spent doing things around the house as the weather was being too unpredictable to do anything outside so we opted to stay inside. It was a fairly low-key kind of day but one that was spent together - all three of us :)
Hoping you all had a wonderful Fathers Day with your own families!!

No comments: