Monday, June 17

5 months old

Our sweet boy is 5 months old today! Someone please inform Father Time to slow down - seriously!! I can't believe how fast you are growing. It seems this month that you went from a tiny infant to a cute little boy in just the blink of an eye!
You continue to amaze us by how much you have learned since last month & all the developmental milestones you are making. Even your daycare provider Miss Katie commented on how you are more "advanced" than the other babies in your room & let me tell you, that made your Mama beam with pride. See - all that tummy time, silly singing & goo-goo talking that we do to you is paying off :) 
 
You are such a happy baby & only seem to cry when you are hungry. You have no patience (which you totally get from your daddy) & can go from all smiles to complete meltdown in a matter of 2.0 seconds when you want to eat or when you lose your pacifier out of your mouth. This has been such a fun month watching you develop into this awesome little guy!
 
Weight: We went to your 4 month appointment earlier this month where you had another round of shots (boo) & had an overall checkup - which you passed with flying colors. You weighed in at 16.5 lbs & measured 25 inches long - both in the 80th percentile. That was 3 weeks ago so I am guessing that you are at least 18 lbs by now?! I do know that week after week that car-seat of yours is getting heavier & heavier! 

You are now wearing size 3 diapers & have outgrown all your 3 mos clothing! Sadly I packed up the last of the 3 mos onesies & sleepers last week :( You are currently wearing 6 mos onesies, shirts, shorts, pants & because you are so stinkin' long you are in 9 mos sleepers now. Stop. Growing!!

Sleeping: Nothing is as sweet or is more peaceful than watching you sleep! I love to just sit & stare at you long after you have drifted off to sleep in my arms! Your daddy has to tell me over & over to go put you in your crib after you have fallen asleep & I always say to him "just 5 more minutes" - which usually turns into an hour.

You sleep great during the day & sleep not so great at night. You are still taking an early morning & late afternoon "cat-nap" along with a 2-3 hour nap in the early afternoon. You continue to fall asleep for the night around 7:30 - 8pm & have started to wake up at 10:30pm - which you will fall right back to sleep with the paci, again at 2am for a feeding & 3:30am where I will put you in bed with us & you sleep like an angel until 6:30am. I'm hoping you will soon start sleeping through the night so this Mama can get some much-needed sleep! Anyone have any thoughts as to making this happen?

Eating: You are still being breast-fed but I have a feeling I am going to have to quit in the near future. I no longer can keep up my supply with your demand & you get super pissy with Mama when you try to nurse & don't get anything. We are still supplementing with formula 1/2 the time & you will gulp down 5 oz in no time flat.

You got the "go-ahead" from your Pediatrician to start cereal at your 4 mos appointment so we tried giving you rice cereal which you absolutely hated. I waited a week & then tried oatmeal cereal which you hated. Decided to wait until you were 5 mos old to try again & this time we tried the flavored cereal & I must say you did MUCH better this time around....even though you had most of it all over your face & bib :) You especially like the Rice cereal with Bananas & Apples!
Milestones: This past month your little personality has really developed & you have changed SO much. No longer do you just lay there & look around taking it all in. You are constantly a movin' & a shakin' & want to grab everything that comes into your sight.
- A few weeks ago you started making grunting sounds for no reason & it has become your latest past-time. You don't seem to be in pain so I'm thinking you just like to listen to yourself make noises!?
- You are now rolling over from back - front but continue to struggle rolling from front - back. Once you flop over on your tummy you get excited, start pushing off the floor with those chunky little legs & try to scoot forward like you are about to "army-crawl". I have a feeling that you are going to be crawling soon!
- You like to sit in your Bumbo seat & the Boppy while playing with your toys but can't quite sit unattended just yet!
- Pulling your paci out of your mouth & trying to put it back in has become a fun game that you play...especially in the middle of the night!
- You have discovered your feet & will watch them intently as you move them around & kick them. You LOVE to kick & splash your feet in the water while in the tub also. Can't wait to see what you do your first time in the kiddie pool!
- Your hair is really filling in - especially on top & the girls at daycare like to spike it into a mohawk. Kind of makes you look like a cupie doll :)
This month has been so much fun watching you grow & seeing your personality develop! Can't wait to see what the next month brings! Happy 5 months little man!
 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! So stinkin' cute!!!!