Thursday, January 31

Baby T's Birthday - part 2

Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 - 1:50pm

9.5 cm meant that it was "GO" time & things started to move real fast! They had paged the OB & in a matter of a few minutes, my cozy little room turned into a delivery room. In wheeled the surgical table, out came the stirrups, in came my OB & just like that I was instructed to start pushing! 

I got a little scared as things around us moved so quickly & I couldn't comprehend that in just a short time our little boy would be here. I looked over & saw that my hubby seemed to have that same "fearful" look on his face so I reached over, grabbed his hand & asked him if he was ready for this. He responded "hells yeah" (which is such a typical answer coming from him) & at that moment I knew it was all going to be ok.

I pushed for about 30 minutes & at 2:24 pm our little miracle - Mason James - arrived into this world! I think this picture pretty much sums up all the raw emotion I felt at that moment:

He weighed 7 lbs 4oz & was 20.5 inches long:

Proud Mommy with Mason:
  
And an even prouder Papa with his son:
 

We walked in to the hospital as a family of two & are leaving the hospital as a family of three & we couldn't be more in love with this little guy:

Like father like son:
I feel so very blessed to have had such an uneventful, fast, easy labor & my hubby was such a rockstar through it all! We can't wait to get Mason home & begin our new life as a family of three!

15 comments:

Steffi said...

Contrats to you and your hubby on the birth of Mason. What a beautiful littly guy. Wishing your family all the best for the future.

Jiff said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations to you all!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Heather!!! Mason is adorable and I am so so very happy for you!!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! He is just precious....and he looks like his Mama!!!

JS said...

Congratulation Heather!! I did my IVF cycle at the same time as your 1st and I have been following and rooting you ever since! I am so thrilled you finally have your take home baby!!!

Amanda said...

Mason is beautiful!!! And that picture of you crying, holding him gave me goosebumps. Words can not adequately express the joy in my heart for you and Shane.

Keri said...

Love this little guy! He is oh so sweet! I still cannot believe how tiny he is in real life.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...he is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

CulyQFun said...

Congratulations!! He is Adorable. I remember when I had our first, the moment she came out I felt this warm sensation come over me. It was the moment I truly realized how much I loved this baby. And suddenly I also knew what the Lord feels for us. It was truly a life changing moment.
Enjoy your little man.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! I've been praying for you ever since I saw a prayer request on Kelly's Korner. Enjoy!!

Tonya said...

Congratulations Heather! He is perfect! Enjoy your baby snuggles, they grow up so quickly. So happy for you guys!

Desiree said...

You totally have to frame that picture of you with the tear on your face. That's TIME-magazine-cover worthy!

So happy for your new family of three!!!

Casey // this modern love. said...

I cried reading this. Words cannot describe how happy I am for you. He is gorgeous and perfect. Congratulations sweetheart!

Michelle said...

Every time I look at that picture of you holding perfect,little Mason for the first time I tear up! It is such an amazing moment to have captured. I'm so incredibly happy for y'all!!

Natalie A said...

What an absolutely beautiful, little baby boy!

Congratulations on the birth of Mason and I wish you and your family a wonderful, happy life together.

I am excited for you.