Wow - I can hardly believe I am posting my very last update & taking my very last photo with Baby T in my belly. As I type this, I am kickin' it here in my hospital bed getting ready for "eviction day" tomorrow & by the time this is posted, my induction will be well on it's way. It all seems so surreal...
This pregnancy has gone by super fast & honestly I couldn't have asked for a better 9 months! I have had no complications (other than a little hypertension), my weight gain is right where we wanted it to end up, I haven't been uncomfortable (other than this past week), have had no swelling, have slept pretty well during the night & other than some annoying heartburn & reflux I just really have no complaints with how things have gone. I can honestly say I have LOVED every minute of being pregnant. This may be the only time I get to experience pregnancy & I am so thankful I had such a positive & healthy experience. With that said I have SO many emotions running through me & I want to put them in writing to make sure I never forget this feeling at this moment.
I am going to seriously miss feeling Baby T's kicks, rolls & hiccups & even though we will meet him soon - this makes me sad. Doesn't that sound crazy? I think it's because I know he is safe in my belly - protected from sickness, hurt, & harm & it will be a lot harder to protect him from those things on the outside.
(& cue the tears....)
I worry about being a good mother. I worry about being a good wife while I am trying to be a good mother. I am saddened that it will no longer be "just me & Shane" as it has been for the last 12 years. I am worried our time will be all about the baby & the furries will feel neglected. I worry the furries won't accept the new baby & will be nothing but troublesome for us. I worry about an extremely long labor. I worry about complications & fear the unknown of what today will bring us.
Ugh - so many thoughts running through my head. What I do know is that our world is about to be turned upside down - for the better - & I just hope I am able to handle all the changes that will come with it along with my hubby.
Only time will tell.
So with that said, I guess the next time you see a post, it will be about Baby T's arrival & the name will finally be revealed to all who keep asking me what it is :)
How far along? 39 weeks- baby should weigh a bit over 7 lbs & measures around 20 inches long
Symptoms: LOTS of contractions, lots of pressure on bladder, lower back aches along with my hips, developed a serious "waddle" this week!
Weight gain/loss: 0 lbs +/- at my appt last week - holding steady at 22 lbs gained so far
Maternity clothes? oh yes - all the time
Sleep: This week sleep has gone down hill. I wake up at 1am & again at 3 am & can't fall back asleep so I am up for the morning. Either my body is getting ready for Baby T's existance or I am too nervous/excited/anxious about his delivery & can't turn my mind off - probably a little of both.
Food cravings/aversions: none really as my appetite has really decreased this week
Movement? Baby T is still rolling all around in there. I can tell his head is right on top of my bladder with each roll & it is starting to get pretty uncomfortable.
What I miss: Sleep, my energy, being able to bend over to put on socks or shoes!
Best moment(s) this week: this past Friday was my last day of work for 3 whole months - whoop whoop!!
What I'm looking forward to: meeting this little guy :)
Next appointment: Will see my OB a week after Baby T's arrival.
Milestones: Baby T's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches & weighs a bit over 7 pounds. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. Won't be long now!
8 comments:
I love this post. I know I speak for everyone that knows you when I say that you will be such a wonderful mom!
I cannot wait to learn this sweet little guys name. Who knows, LeRoy Eugene may have grown on you and that might really be his name. :) Thinking about you all day today!
You're probably busy havin yo' baby, but I just wanted to say
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Love you!
Yay!!! SO very excited for you! Your will be an amazing mama :)
So very excited for you! Today is the day you get to meet your sweet little boy! I can't wait to hear the news! :)
Oh, Heather... my heart is bursting with happiness for you today. You are going to be an amazing mommy! And your feelings about missing pregnancy and wanting to keep him safe and protected... totally normal. I went through that for months after the twins arrived, so at least it seems normal because it happened to me. =) I'll be anxiously waiting for an update. Cherish every single moment with your new son and his daddy. xoxoxo
Very exciting! Many blessings to you. Your a true inspiration to us infertiles :) Hope is out there.
Yay! Super excited for you!!!! Good Luck! :)
You will be a fabulous mother! It is so much fun! Can't wait to meet your new little bundle of joy!
Post a Comment