Tuesday, January 4

Baking Tradition

Every year, I plan a day around the holidays & bake my little heart out. I pick out 6-7 different recipes, throw on an apron, put the iPod on shuffle & spend all day mixing & stirring & baking & taste-testing the finished product. Once all the sweets meet my approval (and Shane's), I then assemble a little bag or plate to give to my neighbors in our cul-de-sac. It is something I look forward to doing every year & I am sure my neighbors look forward to being on the receiving end of my treats also :)

Unfortunately, the holiday baking was a bit delayed this year. I usually clear my calendar the Sunday before X-mas to bake up my goodies but since I was sick that weekend, I had to postpone it. I was on-call for the New Years weekend & figured it would be a perfect time to continue my annual tradition.

This year I tried a few new recipes & stuck with some old "favorites" as well. Here is a pic of all my hard work before I assembled the plates of goodies:

There are sugar cookies, PB balls, Oreo Truffles, PB Blossoms, Cherry Almond cookies, Almond Joy Balls & Turtles. Mmmmm - so good! (If anyone would like any recipes please feel free to email me)

And here is a pic of what I gave to my neighbors:

I am hoping I didn't "break" anybody's New Year's resolutions by delivering treats after the New Year?!?

3 comments:

Laine said...

Heather, thanks so much for the goodies! I appreciate that you extend the treats to the first house outside of the cul-de-sac. They were wonderful goodies! Jake loved the snowflakes. He ate 3 of them before I could stop him. Laine

Keri said...

You know how I love treats! The funny thing is that Ken, the man that does not like sweets, ate every single sugar cookie! Everything was so yummy! I love HT baking day!

Desiree said...

I am so freakin impressed! My New Year's resolution is to be more like you - holiday cards, decorating, baking and staying fabulous throughout!

I wish I was your neighbor - and not just for the cookies! :-)

**hugs!!**