This past week hasn't been too crazy which I am thankful for after the hustle & bustle of the holidays. I was on-call for the New Year's weekend & luckily I was only called in once. Not much of a money-maker weekend but after doing this for 15+ years I prefer the quiet nights & weekends.
The hubby started on the day shift at UPS Monday so we have had to "adjust" yet again to seeing each other daily. His new hours are 6am-2:30pm. It is a big adjustment for the both of us when his shift changes but we always seem to make it work. Not sure how long he will be on this shift as they are going to be laying off people in the next few weeks so he may have to go back to nights for a few months.
On Thursday I had a Dream Dinners session & invited my friend Nickie to join me. After a fun evening of whipping up entrees together I think she is sold :) I just LOVE taking part in DD & love to share the wealth to others when I find something I believe in. I am hoping that her family enjoys the meals as much as we do here at the Taylor household.
This weekend has been a lazy one as well - which has been much needed after the craziness of Dec & I may or may not have spent the entire day on Saturday in my PJ's. I had nowhere to go, nowhere to be & wasn't on call so I thoroughly enjoyed the lazy day. The hubby was alert & oriented & awake ALL day so it was a nice change to have him around rather than working into Sat morning & sleeping the majority of the day.
Today is another lazy day of vegging on the couch & watching sports: Chiefs play at noon & KU basketball follows. I just love these lazy weekends :)
Hope you are all have a fabulous weekend as well! Looks like the KC metro area is going to get 5-7" of snow tomorrow!? Makes for a lovely drive around the KC area while going to & from work :(
No comments:
Post a Comment