As we made our way to the vet, Millie was as happy as she could be riding in the back of the SUV. This overwhelming feeling of guilt hit me for getting her in the car that she so loves to ride in knowing that this trip wasn't going to end up with Sonic ice cream but something much worse.
We got to the Ortho Vet, I filled out the necessary paperwork, put a deposit down on the surgery and then it was time to say goodbye. I held it together pretty well up until this point. I knelt down, hugged her & she gave me tons of kisses & then they led her away. As she was making her way towards the back, she stopped, turned her fat little neck to look back at me and gave me the most saddest look. That is when the tears started to fall :( All these thoughts started racing through my mind...Are we doing the right thing? Is she going to survive the surgery? Will the surgery fix her? Will I ever see her sweet face again? As I got into my car I said a little prayer and asked God to watch over her as well as the surgery team and to please give them the skills they would need to fix my baby girl. Then I headed to work.
Call me crazy for reacting the way I did but she is my baby girl - only difference is she has fur :)
I finally got the news around 4pm that Millie was out of surgery, was extubated and was doing well. Woo hoo - what a relief! The vet said the surgery went great, she is expected to make a full recovery as long as we do our part with her care/recovery and she will be able to go home tomorrow! Thank God!
When I got home from work I immediately missed her presence. She wasn't waiting for me at the top of the stairs throwing up her paw in the air waiting for kisses from Mi-Ma - it definitely made me sad but I felt better knowing she was ok and on the road to recovery. One thing is for sure, I made sure to give Bubba & Neo extra hugs before bed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment