Sunday, December 27

Annual Baking Day

Every year around Christmas I reserve a Sunday to do my annual holiday baking. I SO enjoy planning my menu out, shopping for all the groceries and then spending the entire day baking while listening to Christams music. Once I am finished, I give a plate of goodies to all our neighbors here in the cul-de-sac, make a plate for my co-workers and make a plate for Shane & I to enjoy.

This year's menu of baked goods consisted of: sugar cookies, brownies, PB balls, PB Krispy Treats, Rolo Pretzals, PB Blossoms and Oreo truffles. I only had one cotastrophe this year and that was with the Turtles. I did everything according to the recipe and when it came time to take the turtle off the wax paper to dip it in the chocolate, I couldn't get it off the wax paper without it ripping and sticking to the caramel! I was pissed - had to throw the entire thing away. I'm thinking next time I won't use generic wax paper! That might have had something to do with it!?
All in all, it was a good baking day & I am exhausted from all my efforts! Shane made sure to sample all the goods before I put them on plates so according to him they were A-ok :) Here is a picture of the final project:

No comments: