Tuesday, June 2

Eeeek!

So last week as I was getting the hose out from under our deck, I noticed a little woven, fluffy mess in an old flower pot that resembled a nest of some kind with a hole burrowed in it. Didn't think anything of it and went about watering the flowers.

This evening, I went to put the cover back on our grill and notice some small black specks on one of the racks. As I look closer at it I see that it is mouse poo and not charred pieces from the grill. Then out of the corner of my eye I see something on the deck floor move quickly. At first I thought it was a frog since it was raining and they end up on our deck all the time. Uh.....NO! It wasn't a frog. As I get a closer look at it I notice it is a mouse. Then I remember the little nest I saw last week under the deck and realized this little rodent was shacking up under our deck and feasting on the remnants of our grill. Little bastard!

He scurried on over to the corner & just sat there looking at me and I at him (or her)! The mouse actually stayed there long enough for me to go inside & grab my camera so I could get the proof I needed because I knew Shane won't believe me when I tell him about the mouse!
I ended up taking 3 VERY
zoomed in pics of the little guy and suddenly as I sat watching the mouse with his gaze meeting mine, I got all "soft" and noticed how super cute he was with his little brown body, white tiny paws, little fuzzy ears and a cute twitching whiskers. Then I thought, what if this mouse has a family in that little nest!?! I can't possibly kill a family of mice!?!! I was quickly forced to come back to reality as that furry little devil darted across the deck, past my bare feet and flew down the side of the deck sending shivers up & down my spine. That's it - he was cute NO more! I went inside, got the D-Con out from under the kitchen sink and set it on the grill. It is time for this mouse to have his last meal - RIP sweet furry mouse!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hillarious Heather! I would have done the same thing, freaked out, thought the mouse was cute and then come to realization that it was a mouse and had to be delt with. We had two mice on our back porch a couple years ago, they were the cute big ear mice. I made Rob capture them and we let them loose in an empty lot, far, far from our house:)

Michelle

Keri said...

What a cute mouse! I hope you did not just kill the bread winner of the mouse family, hee, hee!