Sunday, May 10

Mother's Day

Pictured: Me and my mom on my wedding day :)

Today is Mother's Day - a very special day where we honor our Mother's!

I would like to take a moment to honor my mother and say "thank you" for always being there for me and for all that you have done to help shape and mold me into the woman I am today! I just hope one day that I am half the mother to my child as you have been to me! I love you mom...

It takes a mother's love to make a house a home,
A place to be remembered, no matter where we roam.
It takes a mother's patience, to bring a child up right,
And her courage and her cheerfulness to make a dark day bright.

It takes a mother's thoughtfulness to mend the heart's deep "hurts,"
And her skill and her endurance to mend little socks and shirts.
It takes a mother's kindness to forgive us when we err,
To sympathize in trouble and bow her head in prayer.

It takes a mother's wisdom to recognize our needs
And to give us reassurance by her loving words and deeds.
It takes a mother's endless faith, her confidence and trust
To guide us through the pitfalls of selfishness and lust.

And that is why in all this world there could not be another
Who could fulfill God's purpose as completely as a MOTHER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

That is a beautiful poem! I feel the same way about my Mom, we are both lucky to have such great Mom's!

Michelle