Saturday, April 18

Happy 1st Birthday Isabella

One year ago this week, I was lucky enough to have experienced the miracle of life. My girlfriend Margie asked me if I would be her birthing coach and I was flattered & yet somewhat nervous since I had NO clue about what to do when someone was in labor. But for some reason, Margie felt that I would be a calming & supportive influence around her during her delivery & I felt very honored to have been there during that very important day in Margie & Don's life.

On April 14th, 2008 Isabella Marie entered this world with me on Margie's right and her husband Don on her left. It was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed! Being the one who always has a camera, I immediately starting taking pics of Isabella being weighed & footprinted while Margie & Don shared in the moment. I also got pics of Dad holding Isabella for the first time (which made me tear up) as well as them together as a family for the first time. It was so very special being able to do that for them and they always tell me that they are forever grateful for having me there with them.

Today was Isabella's 1st Birthday party & I was invtited to participate in the fun festivities. She looked every bit of a "princess" and SO cute in her little tiara. It is hard to believe it has been a year already since she was born. Happy Birthday sweet girl :) I look forward to sharing many more birthday's with you all!

No comments: