Wow - has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted?!? Time has managed to escape me once again! Honestly, these past couple of weeks have been very uneventful for the Taylor's and there really hasn't been anything exciting to blog about. My weeks usually consist of work, coming home to make dinner and watching TV the rest of the evening. Pretty much what anyone does when they have no kids and a traveling husband.
Last weekend, for the first time in a LONG time I had nothing penciled in the calendar with nothing to do, nowhere to be, & I wasn't on call! It was my only free weekend for the next 5 weeks! At least I should have something new and refreshing to blog about each week in the month of May!?!
On Friday, I left work early and spent the rest of my afternoon cruising the aisles in the garden section at Lowes. Two hours later, I had finally come to a decision on what to buy and where I was going to plant it! I ended up buying a variety of flowers & plants to add to the landscaping around the house & couldn't wait to get home and get everything planted. I managed to get the hibiscus plants potted but had to quit early since it began to rain. On Saturday morning when I went out to get the newspaper, there was this beautiful hibiscus bloom on one of my plants:
So what else did I do on my free-weekend? Absolutely NOTHING :) It pretty much rained the entire weekend so Shane & I did alot of vegging on the couch, caught up on all our DVR'd shows and rented a couple of movies from Blockbuster. Sunday we went to church and then to IHOP for breakfast and spent the rest of the day doing some more lounging around the house! I didn't even do any cleaning and it was GREAT! Definitely a weekend full of rest & relaxation!
No comments:
Post a Comment