Monday we got a pleasant surprise when my parents dear friends Ralph & Betty Boone called saying they were in town and wanted to stop by to visit and see the house. Our family has known this couple from as far back as I can remember - probably 20+ years and they always come to my parents house over around the holidays while all us kids are home to visit. They came over after dinner and we all enjoyed cocktails on the patio and over 2 hours of catching up! It was so nice to see them and we look forward to seeing them again over Christmas!
Tuesday when I arrived home from work, I found Millie playing with a new ball and couldn't figure out where it came from....until I noticed what USED to be the yellow Kong Wubba laying on the floor all shredded to bits! Silly Millie! She is SO proud of herself and in hog-heaven with her new ball! There went another $12 down the drain
!
Wednesday after work I went and got my hair cut and my brows waxed. Now that my hair is shorter I am on the "every 9 weeks" plan which is always here before I know it. No big deal though, since I look forward to seeing my stylist Emily and catching up as well as being "pampered" by her :)
Thursday night my neighbor Gael had a Premier Jewelry party that I attended. I was a bit leary about going because you always feel impelled to buy something that you really don't need just to be nice, right?! Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that I was not able to contain myself with all the fabulous "bling" around me and I couldn't wait to get out the checkbook! It ended up being alot of fun, the jewelry was VERY affordable and I was SO glad that I went! The hostess did a great job at keeping everyone entertained and I was even suckered into having my own jewelry party in October - so those of you that live near me, you'll be getting an invite ;) I ended up buying an "early" B-Day present for myself which consisted of 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets & earrings (thanks to Shane & Mom :) and have a few more items on my "wish" list which I will be getting at my own party!
On Friday, my co-workers all brought food in for an early B-Day lunch and surprised me with flowers and a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake made by my friend Stetson (who professionally makes & sells them) and they are YUMMY! Everyone signed a funny B-Day card and just made the day a special one!Saturday was the big day - my Birthday! I am now over the hump of my mid 30's and on the down-slope to my 40's - SCARY thought! I started my day by sleeping in - which was awesome - and awoke to coffee made and a beautiful card by my husband. Shane took me out to lunch at Jack Stack BBQ (my favorite BBQ in KC) and then we made a stop to Sam's Club and headed home. We were going to see a movie but unfortunately I am on call all this week and we didn't feel like paying all that money and risking it. I spent the rest of the afternoon on the patio reading my book, soaking in the sun and enjoying the day. My dear friend Jill stopped by to give me a B-Day gift which were to KU folding lawn chairs - which I have been looking all over for - so I was super excited to have gotten them. Later that evening, our neighbors Dave & Gael had us over for dinner & cocktails & I brought leftover cheesecake from the day before. We had a great time hanging out with them and are SO thankful for such wonderful neighbors!
Sunday morning I got up early while Shane and the bullies slept in - which is unusual since Shane is always up before me! I made coffee, read the newspaper, paid bills, checked email and updated the blog and still noone stirred so it was a peaceful morning. At around 9am I went to check on everyone to make sure they were still breathing and I couldn't resist taking this picture of Shane & Bentley in the bed. And YES, that is my pillow that Bentley is sleeping on! Spoiled rotten bully!
Later on that morning, I met up with my girlfriends Mindy and Nikki for brunch at Sweet Tomatoes - which was super yummy! We enjoyed our time together laughing and catching up and it was SO good to get to see them. They both surprised me with a gift certificate to Beauty Brands for my B-Day so it looks like I will be scheduling either a facial or a massage sometime soon :)
So, this about sums up my week! As you can see, it was a busy one! Next weekend we are off to South Dakota for the Freier Family Reunion so I will provide an update when we return! Until then...

1 comment:
Hi Heather! I am glad to hear you had a great week!
You aren't in a downward spiral to anything...you are fabulous!
Did you get my text?
Post a Comment