Sunday, August 10

"The One With...A Fun-Filled Weekend"

This weekend was filled with FUN and flew by much quicker than I would have liked! I really could use one more day just to recoup!

*cough cough* hmm...I suddenly am not feeling well ;)

Friday night was my monthly Girls Game Night gathering. We all met at Erinn's house and spent the first couple of hours snacking, drinking, and chatting like most girls do when they get together. The game for the evening was Rockband on X Box - one that has never been attempted at game night. Let me just say I have been going to game night for little over a year now and this was the funnest evenings we have had yet! We all took turns singing on the mic, playing guitar and the drums to songs like Metallica, Oasis, Bon Jovi...just to name a few! The evening got even more interesting when all the husbands came over for game festivities - which was a FIRST - seeing how it is GIRLS game night :)
A little after midnight we had an "unexpected" guest as there was a cop at the front door. I guess earlier a neighbor had come over to the house knocking/ringing the doorbell to complain about the noise level and no one heard the door over all the loud music and talking, so the neighbor called the police on us!Needless to say we only received a verbal warning and had to turn down the bass so it wasn't so loud! We all had a good laugh and now a good story to share at future game nights :)

A big thanks to Melissa for being our "photographer" that evening :)

Saturday night my girlfriend Heather (HK) and I threw a "surprise" Bachelorette Party for our friend Jennifer. She had NO clue we were planning this and the look on her face when we told her was priceless! We had all the guests meet us out for dinner at a super fun greek restaurant named Tasso's. This place has live music, belly dancers, lots of "plate-breaking", ouzo shots being poured left & right and the entire wait-staff is yelling out "Opa" every 10 minutes! It was SO much fun! Jennifer thought we were all there to celebrate my upcoming B-Day but soon after we ordered dinner she found out the REAL reason everyone was gathered together! We all showered her with fun gag gifts and "dressed" her for the evening out with the girls!
After dinner we all headed up to the Northland to The Legends for some drinks and booty shakin'! It ended up being a late night and today I feel like I definitely "shook my money maker"! I keep forgetting that I'm not in my 20's and dancing in high heels doesn't do my body good! The evening turned out to be a huge success and a great time was had by all - especially the bride-to-be :)

No comments: