Friday, January 20

Vegas - Day 1

I finally flew the coop this weekend & am headed to Vegas. No child, no husband. Just me.....and my Mama Tribe. Seriously - I have been looking SO forward to this weekend getaway ever since we started talking about it back in October. No kids, no alarm clock, no whining, no one "needing" me, going to the bathroom in peace - you know, the type of weekend dreams are made of.

We had a little issue with our flight out to Vegas being delayed so we headed to a restaurant in the airport, ordered brunch, a cocktail & made the best of our 2 hour flight delay.

We finally were able to board our flight & by then these Mama's were READY!!!
VEGAS here we come :)
 
The flight attendants are always so fun on Southwest flights to Vegas. One of the ladies asked us what we wanted to drink & of course we ordered a cocktail. Then she asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion & we said "YES - a much deserved weekend away without our children" LOL :) I guess she was super impressed we were having a Mommy Getaway because she didn't charge us for our drinks & we had even ordered 3 rounds!


Right as we were getting off the plane we thanked her for the cocktails & she told us how awesome it was that we were taking some time for ourselves & to enjoy it! So nice!!
 
We made it to Vegas without any issues & had called for a Lyft to our hotel (which is much cheaper than an Uber by the way). We stayed at The Mirage & little did the girls know that I had a little surprise for them once we got checked in.
 
I had our key cards & we headed towards the elevators. I started heading to the suite elevators & Sara informed me I was going to the wrong ones. That is when I told them we were headed the right way & that I had booked us a suite for the weekend. It was well worth the extra money just seeing the looks on their faces!
 
We got up to our room & it was amazing. It had the remote control blackout shades, a living room with a huge flat screen TV, big dining room, huge master suite & master bathroom with the other bedroom on the other side. It was beautiful & we were all so giddy as we checked it all out. The girls let me have the master suite since I was the one that had gotten it for us & they stayed on the other side. I can't tell you enough how amazing it sounded to sleep in a king size bed by myself without a foot to my stomach or an arm to my face or a husband laying next to me snoring. Pure bliss :)
 
We had tickets to see the Britney Spears concert that evening so we all got cleaned up & dressed up before we made our way out to the hotel for dinner.
 
 (A little peek of our suite - us standing in the dining room & master suite on the right)
 
We ended up going downstairs & eating at a little taco place & had a cocktail & then made our way over to Planet Hollywood for the Britney Spears concert.
We got there a little early so we just hung out in our seats talking & enjoying the music & people watching. Eventually Britney came out on stage & despite lip-syncing the entire show it ended up being really good.
Her & her dancers were awesome, the light show & effects were cool & we loved hearing all her old songs.
She sang for over 2 1/2 hours & by the time the show ended we were ready to head back to our hotel. I know - lame. But hey - we had been up early, traveling, drinking all day & it was a 2 hour time difference so even though it said 1130pm our bodies were feeling 130am. We quickly figured out that we weren't 21 years old anymore - LOL
 
After we got back to the hotel we all crashed. Unfortunately I was awoken by my cell phone ringing shortly after I had fallen asleep. Shane was calling me & knowing it was 3am back home I didn't have a good feeling about answering the phone.

Turns out Mason had a high fever, was throwing up every 30 minutes & wouldn't keep any medicine or water down & Shane was worried. I tried to reiterate that he was doing everything I would be doing & to just lay with him with a bowl & a cool cloth on his head/neck. He let me go & then of course I laid there worrying about the both of them the whole night feeling horrible mommy guilt for being in Vegas while my baby was sick & probably just wanting his Mama :( Ugh I hardly slept a wink all night.

Of course we were all awake by 6am "Vegas-time" because of the time difference so we all got up, got showered & went to have breakfast. I filled the girls in on what was going on at home & they knew I was worried. Shane let me know that Mase was finally sleeping & hadn't thrown up in a few hours so I was able to relax a little bit after hearing that. I ended up FaceTiming with him later in the morning & felt SO much better after seeing him & talking with him knowing he was ok. 

Ok - I can now relax & enjoy day 2 of our Vegas getaway!!!  Bring it on.....

No comments: