Friday, June 17

Date Night

It doesn't happen as often as it should, but this evening the hubby & I had plans for a much-needed date night. I ended up taking a 1/2 day at work today so after lunch I headed to the nail salon for a pedicure & got my toes done in my favorite OPI shade...Cajun Shrimp!
Then I headed home & met my Mommy friend Sara at my pool for a couple of hours of relaxing & cocktails. It made me realize that I should be taking more of these "Heather Days" & soaking up a few hours of time to myself more often!

Awhile back I had gotten concert tickets for the "Lover's Night Out Tour" featuring R&B artists Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill & Joe. Shane & I loved listening to Joe back when we were dating so I thought it would be a fun date night to get tickets & go. I had told a few of my Mommy friends about the concert & they were interested in going as well so we all decided to make it a fun night out.

Mason ended up spending the night at our dear friend Maggie's house so we had the entire evening to whoop it up like we were college kids once again.

I got in from my relaxing afternoon at the pool, got all dressed up for the evening & made our way downtown to the Power & Light District where we met our group.
We clean up nicely :)

My Mama Tribe
 
We made our way into the Sprint center, grabbed a drink, took our seats & patiently waited for the concert to start. It was to start at 8pm & by 9pm it still hadn't started. People were starting to get upset & the crowd was booing.
 
Around 9:10pm the lights go down & the crowd goes wild. We all thought the concert was about to start & then a comedian walks out on the stage & proceeds to tell jokes for 20 minutes. RIDICULOUS!
 
We didn't think the concert was ever going to start. Around 9:45 the concert got going & the first to open was Joe. He was the main person Shane & I cared about seeing out of the 3 groups so I am glad he went first. He is still an amazing singer & sang all of our favorites!
 
After Joe played the comedian came back on again for another 20 minutes. People were starting to get pissed & boo & it was just awkward. Johnny Gill finally came on & he was just ok....nothing too exciting. After he was done here comes the comedian once again....UGH!!! Keith Sweat finally got started around 11:15pm. Half our group decided to head home & Shane & I stayed for 3 songs & bailed out of there ourselves.
 
Overall, the concert was pretty disappointing. I was glad I didn't pay a lot for the tickets & I felt bad for putting everyone through such a horrible concert. Shane kept saying to me throughout the evening "you owe me". It was just awful.
 
Oh well, it was fun to get all dressed up, go out with my man & have a date-night together despite the awful concert! We had fun hanging with the Mama Tribe & a couple of the husbands as well.



No comments: