I was hoping that since he is 2 years old now that he would start to "get it" with all the holidays & let me tell you something - this kid gets it!
I got all the cups ready to go while Mason & Daddy supervised & when it came time to dip his eggs he was so excited! He couldn't wait to scoop them out to see what color they were.
We ended up coloring 18 eggs & Mason was SO proud to show off his collection:
Love his little "cheeeeese" smile :)
Before bed I read him his Easter story book that he got last year in his Easter basket & we talked about Jesus & why Easter is so very special. I know he is probably too young to understand but I really want him to know the religious importance behind Christmas & Easter & in my opinion it is never too early to start teaching your child about these values!
About 3 months ago I started to include praying into his bed-time routine & after we read our books we turn the light out, fold our hands together, pray & then I sing him a few songs while rocking him & then put him into his crib.
The other night for some reason I had forgotten to pray with him & went right to singing. Mason immediately interrupted me, folded his little hands together & said "pay Mama" - which meant "pray Mama".
I was in tears.
I grabbed his little hands, we prayed together & I made sure to thank God for giving us such a sweet, precious little boy.
Even though he is only 2 years old, he is definitely getting it.



No comments:
Post a Comment