As we were talking to his teachers, a couple other Mom's from Mason's class came in carrying their treats, Valentines &
As my little guy was proudly showing his box to his teachers I hear the one Mom say "Wow - that is quite an elaborate box for a 2 year old!" Then the other Mom saw his Valentine's for the littles laying on the counter (not knowing they were Mason's) & said "Wow - someone went a little overboard with their Valentine's didn't they?!" It took all I had to not say something sassy back to them. I just awkwardly smiled, kissed my little guy goodbye & got the heck out of there.
All the way to work I was bothered by their comments. Maybe I did go a little "overboard" with his box. Maybe I do appear to be one of those "over-achiever Moms". Maybe they were just jealous they didn't have the time, energy or mad creative skills like this Mama did?
Regardless of the answer I wasn't going to let those 2 other Moms ruin what was a fun & exciting evening & morning for me & my little man. I said it earlier - I ENJOY doing these things...especially with & for Mason. I'm not going to change what kind of Mama I am so those other Mama's are just going to have to deal with me for the next several years - or step up their game :)
So when I picked Mason up at the end of the day he had his box filled with candy & Valentine's & was SO excited to show me what was inside. When we got home he had so much fun pulling everything out of the "monster's mouth" & going over all his little paper Valentine's & candy from all his friends.
After seeing all his little paper valentine's the other littles brought I kind of thought to myself that maybe the 2 year old room just wasn't ready for what this Mama has to bring. Perhaps I need to lay off the elaborate creations until he starts Kindergarten?! I just don't want him to be labeled as the kid with "that kind of Mama". Or maybe I am just blowing this whole thing out of proportion??
Hmmm - we will see what next year brings.
Hmmm - we will see what next year brings.

1 comment:
Those moms have no idea how long it took you to have your son. And how much you dreamed of making your child a fun valentines box. People should really keep their comments to themselves.
Post a Comment