We met at our "usual" place - Monkey Bizness & the littles had much fun running around & jumping in all the inflatables:
When Jen & I take the littles to places like this we always end up getting strange looks from the other parents because we are one of "those" moms. The moms who are actually involved with their kids, interact with them & actually play with them in the inflatables. We bounce around with our kids & slide down the slides with them & keep a close eye on them as they are running around. I have been there numerous times with Shane & Jen & each time we are the only ones that I have ever seen in the bouncies with our kids.
The day we were there was CRAZY busy. There must have been 50 kids & twice as many parents there. One little guy was running around who looked younger than Mason & Ava & he seemed to be everywhere Mase went. He was constantly needing help up the ladder & into the bouncy & his parents were nowhere to be found. I seriously could have walked out with that little boy & pretty sure his parents would have had no clue. I asked him where his mommy or daddy was & he pointed to where his mommy was & there she was - face down in her phone not paying any attention to where her kid was or who he was talking with. I continued to watch her to see if she would look up & acknowledge her child & about 10 minutes went by before she looked up & spotted her kid. Ugh....
It amazes us both how many parents are face down on their cell phones there not having a clue where there kid is or what they are doing. I suppose when they get a bit older we won't feel the need to go in the bouncies with them but I sure as heck am not going to be nose buried into my phone not knowing where my kid is or who he is interacting with.
Right now it is hard for them to crawl up the ladder to the slide & the bigger kids can be brutal & scare them jumping around in there so we are always in there with them & you know what - I like it that way.
After the littles exhausted themselves in Monkey Bizness we stopped in to the fish store on our way out the door. They were both fascinated by the lizards, fish & bunnies in the store:
We SO love our play-dates with Miss Ava Jean & her Mama! I just love the thought of these two growing up together & sharing so many memories with them both!!


No comments:
Post a Comment