Saturday, September 20

Showered in Pink #2

Today my friend Taylor & I threw my co-worker & dear friend Leann a baby shower to welcome little Miss Olivia's arrival come early November. All the guests that were invited work with us or in the hospital so it was nice to know every single person there.
We held her shower at The Well out on the patio which turned out to be a perfect place & an even more perfect day. It was a bit more hot & humid then we would have liked but at least it wasn't raining.

Taylor was in charge of the invitations & food while I was in charge of decorations & dessert. We both had a say in location & actually worked very well together to throw Leann an amazing shower. 

"HT Creations" was in full force with creating ideas & making things for the shower & I used some Pinterest & Etsy inspired ideas to help. While planning this shower it made me realize just how much I love event planning :) I had promised Shane in the past to make Mason's 2nd birthday party (wait....did I just type that? yikes) a low key one but after doing the baby shower I am itching to plan another "themed" birthday party for Mase :)

Table decorations - I used Mason jars with fresh flowers & made the "Welcome Baby Olivia" tags on the computer & the gray band out of scrapbook paper - cute & cheap. 
Banner - made a pink & gray "Welcome Baby" banner out of scrapbook paper, adhesive letters & ribbon to hang above the food table. Super easy, super cute & super cheap!
Favors - I bought Topsy's popcorn (butter, cheese & caramel flavor), filled little plastic treat bags & tied with a little tag that said "Thanks for "popping" by" (downloaded from Etsy, idea from Pinterest). They were a hit - who doesn't like edible favors?
Books - Went to 1/2 Price Book Store & bought a bunch of inexpensive books to display under the vases & later for baby Olivia. (Why I have never been to this store before is beyond me! Super cheap books for Mase & TONS of them. Will definitely go back!) While at the shower, we asked all the guests to write well wishes to baby Olivia &/or Leann inside the book covers which Leann absolutely loved. (Thanks to my friend Desiree & her baby shower for that cute little idea!)
Dessert - Strawberry Cheesecake made by my dear friend & co-worker Stetson & cupcakes ordered at McLain's Bakery - both delicious!
After everyone enjoyed the spread of food, it was gift opening time - my favorite part of a baby shower...other than dessert  of course:)

Leann got all kinds of cute clothes, practical items, diapers & even a few things just for her. After 2 huge baby showers I would have to say that this Mama is set for Miss Olivia's arrival!
We forgot to get a group picture while everyone was there but did manage to get one of those of us who stayed behind to have another cocktail & wish this cute Mama-2-Be well.
   
I am looking so very forward to meeting Miss Olivia in November & to see Leann in the role as "Mama"!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

What a great shower! I must be fully and completely insane because I'm starting to get baby fever again and this post isn't helping...;-)

And the books are awesome; Sofia's finally at the age where she'll sit still long enough so I can read to her and I absolutely LOVE finding a book from her shower and I always take the time to read the notes to her and I tell her about the people that wrote them. Just tonight I was reading her one that my godmother wrote in and I was thinking how I'd save all those books and maybe she could give them to her kids...

Anyway, finally I get a second to catch up on my blogs and I came to check on you! You cross my mind now and again and I'm so glad to see you're doing well!

xoxo :-)