This past month you have really started to come out of your shell & have developed quite the personality. You are such a happy little guy & are all smiles whenever you see your Mom or Dad. The best part of my day is coming to pick you up at daycare & seeing your eyes light up & you flash me that cute, toothless smile! Melts my heart every single time!
Weight: We went & saw the Pediatrician at 15 weeks for a cough & a mysterious tummy rash that you had where you weighed in at 15.5 lbs. Will be curious to see what your stats are at your upcoming 4 month appointment next week! You are now wearing size 2 diapers & are mainly wearing 6 month clothing now. You can still fit into your 3 month onesies but I am guessing in the next couple of weeks I will be folding them up & storing them in the bin along with the rest of the clothes you have outgrown :( We are still loving those chunky little legs, all of your little arm folds, your cute little buddah belly & we love smooching those cheeks of yours!
Weight: We went & saw the Pediatrician at 15 weeks for a cough & a mysterious tummy rash that you had where you weighed in at 15.5 lbs. Will be curious to see what your stats are at your upcoming 4 month appointment next week! You are now wearing size 2 diapers & are mainly wearing 6 month clothing now. You can still fit into your 3 month onesies but I am guessing in the next couple of weeks I will be folding them up & storing them in the bin along with the rest of the clothes you have outgrown :( We are still loving those chunky little legs, all of your little arm folds, your cute little buddah belly & we love smooching those cheeks of yours!
Sleep: Your daytime naps are all over the place & I am hoping daycare can help get you on a consistent schedule this next month. You are a lover of "cat-naps" in the morning which usually only last 30-45 minutes & you will take one long 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. You are falling asleep around 7:30-8pm & will wake up around 2am to nurse & again around 4-5am where I will give you your pacifier, rub your back & you will fall right back asleep until around 6am. People will think I am crazy, but I secretly enjoy your 2am feeding!
Upon hearing you stir, I run into your room, melt into a puddle of mush when I see you, snatch you up in my arms, kiss you multiple times, tell you I love you while nursing you & then put you back in the crib after you have had your "mommy- fix". At that time of night the world is so peaceful & quiet, it is just me & you rocking in the glider sharing precious time together. I know you won't be this small forever & that "dream-feed" will eventually go away so I am going to savor this time for as long as I can.
Upon hearing you stir, I run into your room, melt into a puddle of mush when I see you, snatch you up in my arms, kiss you multiple times, tell you I love you while nursing you & then put you back in the crib after you have had your "mommy- fix". At that time of night the world is so peaceful & quiet, it is just me & you rocking in the glider sharing precious time together. I know you won't be this small forever & that "dream-feed" will eventually go away so I am going to savor this time for as long as I can.
Eating: You are still a good eater & are taking in around 4-5oz at each feeding. You are mainly breast fed but we are also having to supplement a couple bottles of formula daily as my supply just isn't able to keep up with your demand. I'm really looking forward to introducing you to solids in the next couple of months & seeing how you do with those!
Milestones: You continue to amaze us week after week with your growth & developments & can't believe how advanced you have become since last month.
Milestones: You continue to amaze us week after week with your growth & developments & can't believe how advanced you have become since last month.
- You rock at tummy-time! You have even started to do "mini-push ups" where you will lift your shoulders up & use your little arms for support. You can only stand about 5 minutes of this where you will then get mad & throw a fit which lets me know you have had enough :)
- You will search the room for mommy & daddy when you hear our voice & when you see us you flail your little arms in excitement & give us a big smile. You will look directly at us, start gurgling & try to "talk" back to us. I absolutely love talking to you & seeing you respond back with a squeal or a giggle.
- You LOVE to watch the bulldogs & will reach out to touch them when they get close to you. Millie loves to lay right next to you & keep watch over you. It is the sweetest thing ever! Bubba loves to try & give you big wet, slobbery kisses whenever he can - which isn't often!!
- Your daddy introduced you to a mirror a few weeks ago & you LOVE to see your reflection! You will smile, squeal with delight & "talk" to that cute little guy looking back at you!
- No rolling over yet however I think you are getting close. When I put you in your crib, you start out sleeping on your back but you always end up on your side. I think you would roll all the way on your tummy if it weren't for those chunky little arms & legs getting in the way!
- You will now grab for your toys & rattles & immediately put them in your mouth. Everything is in your mouth these days....your fingers & thumb, your fists, rattles, your links. You especially love to chew on Sophia the giraffe.
- This past week you have really started to drool. I am guessing there will soon be a tooth in your future?! At this point, I don't know who drools more - you or Bubba?!
- Yesterday you laughed for the very first time. I mean a true belly laugh & it was the cutest thing ever! I am hoping to capture you on video so I can cherish that sound forever.
Mason, you are an absolute joy in our lives & are loved more than you could ever imagine little man! Thanks for bearing with us as we learn this whole mommy & daddy thing! I promise that things will just keep on getting better & better for all of us!
Love you forever & ever little bubba,
Mommy
- This past week you have really started to drool. I am guessing there will soon be a tooth in your future?! At this point, I don't know who drools more - you or Bubba?!
- Yesterday you laughed for the very first time. I mean a true belly laugh & it was the cutest thing ever! I am hoping to capture you on video so I can cherish that sound forever.
Mason, you are an absolute joy in our lives & are loved more than you could ever imagine little man! Thanks for bearing with us as we learn this whole mommy & daddy thing! I promise that things will just keep on getting better & better for all of us!
Love you forever & ever little bubba,
Mommy
1 comment:
Seriously...seeing you in this role just brings tears to my eyes. God is so good!!!! And what a beautiful, beautiful boy. Love you, HT!
Post a Comment