This past weekend I put on my "big-girl pants", packed up the car & Mason & I headed to South Dakota for the weekend - just me & an 8 week old. Crazy? YES
I had debated about going by myself for a few days but figured why not?! I am on maternity leave with nothing better to do, my dad, grandparents & brother haven't seen Mason yet & why not?
To my surprise, he actually traveled better than I had hoped. We left around 730am - right after feeding him & he slept the entire 7 hour drive other than waking up to eat - such a trooper!
On Saturday, my brother & his family made their way to my parents farm for the weekend. It was so nice having them there & seeing how big my nieces & nephew are getting. They definitely aren't little babies anymore :(
Here is my nephew Lane & niece Joslyn dying eggs for Easter morning:
We had a couple of visitors throughout the weekend to see Mason. First my mom's friend Betty came by:
Then on Sunday, our dear friend Mary Ellen stopped by for some snuggles:
Easter Day was spent with my relatives (grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousins) eating a good Easter Buffet at Minerva's restaurant & afterwards we headed over to my cousin Lexy's house to hang out for the rest of the afternoon. It was good getting to see my grandparents & the rest of the family - even if it was for a short time.
Mason in his "Easter outfit" which had a cute little bunny on the butt :)
When we got back to my parents place we dined on leftovers & some yummy Easter cake. One good thing about my mom's kitchen - you can be sure that there is always some kind of dessert waiting to be eaten :)
On Monday we packed up once again to make our way back to Kansas. But first we made sure to get in one last snuggle with Grandpa:
And with Grandma:
The trip
back home was about as uneventful as the trip to SD & I am SO glad I made the trip! Mason again slept
the whole way back other than to eat & I was so relieved. I am hoping our
trip back to SD in June for his baptism will be just as uneventful but Mason will be 6 month's
old then so I am seriously doubting it!?
When we got back home, I found that these little beauties had bloomed in my absence:
Looks like spring has finally sprung!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter & enjoyed the time spent with your families!
.jpg)
2 comments:
Love his outfit! We have one to match... However was a size 18month! Love all of your pics... Can't believe how fast they grow.
He is just too cute! I just wanna squeeze him.
Post a Comment