Thursday, August 16

Fabulous 40's

Goodbye 30's.....hello 40's!

Today is the day I leave my 30's behind me & embark on new adventures as a 40 year old. Ugh - it just doesn't seem possible but unfortunately, it is staring at me in the face. I am 40 & am now an official member of the "Fabulous 40's" club.

Honestly though, for as horrible as turning 40 sounds, I couldn't have asked for a better day. It began with a "happy birthday" & hugs from the hubby & a really nice card. I then made my way to work & was greeted with balloons, cards & a huge breakfast spread from Panera by my co-workers. We all enjoyed a nice breakfast together & then got back to work.

Lunch-time rolls around & my co-workers had all brought a dish to share for a "birthday lunch" which was awesome. There was a deli meat & cheese tray with bread for sandwich's, cheese dip/chips, cracker/dip tray, fruit tray w/dip & for dessert....

Strawberry cheesecake made by my dear co-worker Stetson. Mmmm - so good!
My co-workers are the best group of people & are so very thoughtful! I felt so very special after all the fuss they made making sure I had a great day! 

Then just when I thought the day was coming to an end, there was after-work birthday festivities. I was told to show up at "The Well" bar & grill at 5:30pm & was given no further instructions. I knew something was up but did as I was told.

When I got to the Well, up on the roof-top were my co-workers ready to "surprise" me, bearing gifts & ready to celebrate my birthday over drinks & appetizers. Can I just say how awesome this group I get to work with is?!
As the night went on, more co-workers kept popping in to say "happy birthday" & enjoy a beverage & it made me feel so very special that they were all there for me :)
 
Relaxing on the rooftop at The Well during a beautiful evening with wonderful friends was a great way to end a great day. I must say this "Fabulous 40's"club thing isn't so bad.....so far ;)

No comments: