I never thought I would be saying this anytime soon but last week Shane sold his beloved truck. Shocking I know. He has been having problems with it for the last month & was going to have to put several thousands of dollars into it to get it fixed. It was 6 years old & had almost 100,000 miles on it so instead of sticking the money into it, he thought he would try & sell it & get something newer with less miles. He mentioned to a friend at work that he was selling it & within 3 days, the truck was sold. I have never seen Shane more sad than I did the day he sold his dirtbike....until today. It almost broke my heart seeing him part with something that he loved so much - something he spent countless hours on & countless dollars on fixing it "just right". Removing everything stock on it & replacing it with something more "him"! I don't "get it" as a girl & am not sure what the big deal is but I guess that truck was a big deal to him.
So Shane spent the entire rest of the week looking for a replacement. At first he was considering getting a Hummer 3 but that thought was short-lived. After not having his truck for 2 days, he realized he is a "truck-kind-of-guy" & started looking for a truck similiar to his previous one. Well, he found one....down in Meridian, Mississippi.
The plan was to rent a car, drive down there & drive the new truck back together. An impromptu road-trip if you will. Well, unfortunately I got stuck at work late on Friday so Shane ended up making the trip by himself. He left around 3pm on Friday & returned home Saturday night around 11pm. 1400 miles in less than 32 hours - the man is crazy!
So what did I do while Shane was gone? For starters, Friday night I ordered take-out at my favorite Chinese restaurant then rented 2 chic-flic movies from Redbox, vegged on the couch & watched a sappy movie. Saturday I slept in, ran a few errands in the morning, spent 2 hours in the yard cutting grass, watering flowers & working on my tan, had cereal for dinner & watched another movie. It was FABULOUS! Just like old times when Shane was on the road for Roadway. As much as I enjoyed my time, I did end up missing my hubby :(
So when I woke up Sunday morning, first thing I did was check out the "new toy":
No comments:
Post a Comment