Thursday, November 26

Thanksgiving with the Taylor's

The Taylor's ended up hosting Thanksgiving this year and welcomed 10 adults & 4 children into our home for the afternoon feast. This morning I was up at 6:30am to start Thanksgiving cooking festivities. With my mom's help, we managed to prepare all the sides ahead of time and get the birds (two 12 pounders to be exact ) in the oven all before 9am!

The rest of the morning was spent hanging out with the family watching the Macy's Day Parade, getting the table set and waiting for the guests to arrive.

Around 12 noon the Taylor house was hoppin! I was nervous about having that many people in our home and worried about where everyone was going to hang out at but it turned out just fine. The men hung out in the family room watching football while the ladies hung out around the kitchen. Once the turkey was carved, we all sat down to a dee-lish meal of turkey, stuffing, mashed & sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole and enjoyed the blessings of good food & wonderful family!

Next up on the menu - dessert :) Meghan's family graciously brought pumpkin, pecan and chocolate pecan pies for dessert and we had White Choc Raspberry cheesecake as well. My brother doesn't like any kind of pie other than cherry nor does he like cheesecake (not sure what is wrong with him ;) so I thought I would put my baking skills to test and make him a cherry pie. I tried a recipe off of the Food Network website that looked good and seemed fairly easy to make and I must say my pie turned out perfectly done - if I do say so myself:
But the true test was how it tasted so I let my brother be the judge of that!

And it was a success! Not only did Steve like it but everyone else who tried it thought it was dee-lish as well!


What a great day it ended up being spending it with my family! I am so truly blessed to have all these wonderful family members in my life! I am just sorry that my dad, sister and her family couldn't be there to join us :(

No comments: